Unlabeled violin from Ebay

August 21, 2016 at 08:04 PM · So I accidentally won an "unlabeled" violin on eBay, but it clearly has a label in the picture and it looks like it says Andrew Schroetter on the label.

Did I accidentally get a $50 VSO or is it at least almost actual student quality? I might break even at a pawn shop, smh.

Replies (16)

August 21, 2016 at 09:07 PM · What do you mean, you "accidentally" won?

August 21, 2016 at 09:13 PM · I thought I was goingvto be outbid!! It looked like something West German, but now I don't even know if its Czech or Chinese.

August 21, 2016 at 09:19 PM · Have you actually tried the violin so you know how it sounds?

August 21, 2016 at 09:35 PM · eBay.

I know nothing of the make, just that it cost less than a pack of viola strings. I would name a resale price, but I'd only stir some prejudices.

August 21, 2016 at 09:35 PM · Double post 'cause back button.

August 21, 2016 at 09:44 PM · German violin (might be even better than just a VSO, but just a guess) from Himalaya spruce and maple, so I can't guess where it came from before labelling.

R.Schroetter is a brand name of Roderich Paesold company and adresses beginner students rather on a budget.

August 21, 2016 at 09:46 PM · This seems to be where they come from... http://www.aschroetter.com/

...I think the part that troubles me the most is that they couldn't get a photo of someone who knows how to hold a violin and a bow for their site...

August 21, 2016 at 10:02 PM · Yeah, they do anything there, but nothing's to do with fiddling... Glad someone else noticed! :-)

August 21, 2016 at 10:14 PM · To my eye VSO, made in China. You didn't pay too much at $50. Looks like a useful case too.

Cheers Carlo

August 21, 2016 at 10:37 PM · Looks like a decent case upgrade for my EH Roth and a Glasser (hopefully) fiberglass!

August 22, 2016 at 10:10 AM · Hey, at least she is playing without a shoulder rest...just like Heifetz used to do!

August 23, 2016 at 04:11 PM · Pro level skillz and top tier instruments.

August 23, 2016 at 07:53 PM · Hey guys, I just got a return message from the seller.

Apparently it is a Suzuki 220 3/4, but I honestly don't know if that is any better. If it turns out to be old, will it have a slightly better value?

August 23, 2016 at 08:11 PM · unless you're 9 years old a 3/4 violin isn't going to be much use to you, I'd return it and get your money back, not as described in ad.

August 24, 2016 at 12:05 AM · I'm gonna pawn this one or something, Lyndon. I might make some money back before.

But what KILLS me though is that the label CLEARLY DOESN'T say Suzuki, so I'm hoping he sends me some antique, but I'm clearly an optimist.:-)

August 24, 2016 at 10:19 AM · edit

Our Kokopelli
Please support Violinist.com
through your
one-time donation or
sponsorship campaign.

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

The Potter Violin Company

Coregami Performal

Metzler Violin Shop