Welcome to Violinist.com! Log in, or join the community!
Violinist.com
Facebook Twitter Google+ Email Newsletter

Codabow

Accessories: Quality comparison among the codabow diamond line

From Julianne Heinen
Posted July 1, 2013 at 09:43 PM

Hello,
The Codabow has a series called "Diamond" and there are 3 models:
Diamond SX
Diamon NX
Diamond GX

They are priced from low-high respectively. They claim on the website that the main difference is in appearance and that to know the sound difference you'll just have to find out with playing them.

Does anyone know if there is much sound quality difference among the 3 models or is it really just in fancy looks only?

From Gene Wie
Posted on July 2, 2013 at 05:56 AM
When I tried the GX and SX sticks, I found the GX models to be somewhat warmer sounding, and the the SX models to be brighter and punchier. I don't personally have a preference, although in general I'm not a huge fan of the Codabow line.

As far as carbon fiber goes, in the past I had a wonderful Arcus Concerto that I really enjoyed playing until I sold it to help pay for an equally wonderful old French bow! On viola I acquired a Benoit Rolland Spiccato bow that I've been getting more attached to (being able to adjust the camber to right where I want it is surprisingly awesome).

Suzuki Violin School

"Where did the Suzuki CD go?"

Good news! All the Suzuki Violin School CDs are available now as digital downloads on Amazon.com. But why take the time to search for them all? We've collected links to each album for Suzuki Violin Books 1 - 8.

Get them now! Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Vol. 4 | Vol. 5 | Vol. 6 | Vol. 7 | Vol. 8