Welcome to Violinist.com! Log in, or join the community!
Violinist.com
Facebook Twitter Google+ Email Newsletter

Violin shop recommendation

Instruments: Looking for recommendations for violin shop local to Upstate SC

From Melissa Clem
Posted September 20, 2012 at 05:15 AM

I am looking for recommendations for a violin shop/luthier in or near upstate South Carolina. I am looking to upgrade my violin and want to purchase locally. I live in Anderson and am about 2 hours from Charlotte, NC, Columbia, SC and Atlanta, GA.

From Noah Scott
Posted on September 20, 2012 at 05:43 PM
You might want to try one of my very good friends, Kate Rickenbacker. She lives in Black Mountain N.C. She graduated from the Chicago School with me and we worked together for five years. She's a very good and fairly prolific maker, and you can visit her website at rickenbackerviolins.com

-Noah

From Stuart Rochon
Posted on October 16, 2012 at 01:32 PM
Bernhardt Violins in Greenville has always been kind and helpful and the Violin shoppe on 7th street in Charlotte also has some great people that will help you find a violin that suits you.
From David Russell
Posted on October 16, 2012 at 07:30 PM
Don't forget Kurt Weidenhouse in Belmont, NC. (just before Charlotte airport coming from your direction). Wonderful guy and maker/luthier.

Best bow rehair I've ever had was from him, too!
:-)

"Where did the Suzuki CD go?"

Suzuki Violin School Good news! All the Suzuki Violin School CDs are available now as digital downloads on Amazon.com. But why take the time to search for them all? We've collected links to each album for Suzuki Violin Books 1 - 8.

Get them now! Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Vol. 4 | Vol. 5 | Vol. 6 | Vol. 7 | Vol. 8

Aaron Rosand

Interview: Aaron Rosand

To speak to violinist Aaron Rosand is to gain a sense of what it was like to come of age as a violinist in the mid 20th century.
Part One | Part Two