I'm looking for a good and moderately priced camcorder to record my practice and lessons. Of course image quality is important, but sound quality is also a major concern, since I would like to be able to hear my teacher's comments clearly when the camcorder records from a few feet away, and perhaps it will be used to record videos for auditions in the future.
Here are the features that I would like to have in the camcorder (ordered by importance):
1. Supports at least 720p high definition video format (preferably 1080p).
2. Takes SDHC flash memory card.
3. Has good microphone, i.e. good sound quality.
4. Works well indoors in low light condition.
5. Can record at least 2 hours in one go.
6. Good battery life - can record at least 4 hours between recharge.
7. Supports AVCHD file format.
8. 28mm wide-angle.
9. Creates one file per recording (On my teacher's Canon camcorder: my one-hour lesson is split into two AVCHD files, because the camcorder only supports up to 2GB/file (FAT file system). I don't know if newer Canon models still have this issue).
Any recommendation would be appreciated! Thanks for your time!
Violinist.com is made possible by...