Welcome to Violinist.com! Log in, or join the community!
Violinist.com
Facebook Twitter Google+ Email Newsletter

Scholarship for High School Violinist

Schools, Teachers and Camps: Where is the place (What is the foundation) to find a scholarship for a violinist to go to a high school?

From Rubiantin Mesha Tambunan
Posted September 25, 2011 at 05:27 PM

I'm Shasha Tambunan from Indonesia. I'm now 13 years old. I'm in grade 8 at school and grade 7 in violin course.

I really really need a scholarship to go to an art school (high school or college).

Where is the place (What is the foundation) to find an information about a scholarship in art school?

thank you

Shasha

From Tanaeya McCoy
Posted on September 28, 2011 at 03:25 AM

You should try the From the Top Radio Show. They give out a $10,000 to only a few students that apply, but it's worth a try! It's called the Jack Kent Cooke Young Artist Award. You can use it for anything pertaining to your musical career.

You can also try Interlochen Arts Academy. I think they give out scholarships to those who want to go.

From Rubiantin Mesha Tambunan
Posted on October 7, 2011 at 10:41 AM

thank you for the info :)

What makes an elite violinist?

Sarah Chang Our interview with Sarah Chang is one of more than two dozen in The Violinist.com Interviews: Volume 1, which also features talks with Joshua Bell, Maxim Vengerov, and David Garrett, as well as a foreword by Hilary Hahn.

Get it now! For Kindle | For iBooks | In Paperback