Hi Folks -- I'm trying to determine the maker/luthier of my violin. Here is what I know:
- Purchased from a shop in Orange County CA in '85 or '86 for ~$4000
- Internal label reads "Antonius Stradiuarius Cremonenfis; Faciebat Anno 1721" (obviously a copy)
- I think I am the first owner
- I seem to recall the shop salesman telling me the violin was made in France
- The label also has a stamp with the initials "T.A.S." (I'm assuming the initials of the luthier) -- See image of the stamp at the following link:
Anyone recognize it? Thanks...
Violinist.com is made possible by...