Welcome to Violinist.com! Log in, or join the community!
Violinist.com
Facebook Twitter Google+ Email Newsletter

Congratulations Rachel Barton Pine!

News: Yesterday she and her husband announced the birth of their daughter Sylvia Michelle.

From Laurie Niles
Posted September 19, 2011 at 05:57 PM

Congratulations to Rachel Barton Pine and her husband, Greg, who announced yesterday the birth of their daughter, Sylvia Michelle, who was born on September 16. 'Sylvia means "of the woods' - for the child of a violinist and a Pine," Rachel said in an announcement on Facebook and Twitter.

In the next few weeks on Violinist.com we'll have an interview with Rachel about her new edition of the Wohlfahrt etudes, and we'll also be giving out her latest album of solo violin works, Capricho Latino.

From Marty Dalton
Posted on September 19, 2011 at 08:24 PM

That's terrific news. I'm very happy for her. She's always been one of my favorite violinists.

From Christopher McGovern
Posted on September 19, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Awesome news!!

From bill platt
Posted on September 20, 2011 at 01:08 AM

Congratulations!

From Cyril Millendez
Posted on September 20, 2011 at 03:35 AM

Congratulations to the new parents! And a warm welcome into the world to Silvia! I can't fathom the amount of beautiful music that she will be able to hear her mother play in her early years. :)

From Maurice Gatewood
Posted on September 20, 2011 at 06:48 PM

Happy news indeed! I wonder if baby Sylvia Michelle will also love Heavy Metal as much as her mom does!

-M

PS: Of course names that remind us of wood are the best!  ;c)

From Vanlal Hruaia
Posted on September 21, 2011 at 05:27 AM

Congratulations Rachel !!! You rock... wish you much success and luck in motherhood.. you'll be a great mother, no doubt..

From Michael Pijoan
Posted on September 21, 2011 at 08:47 AM

Congratulations Rachel and Greg! All of life's blessings to your daughter, and may you enjoy your new adventure! 

Galamian's Principles of the Violin

Galamian's Principles Long one of the standards for violin teachers and students, Ivan Galamian's Principles of Violin Playing and Teaching offers both principles and practice exercises to help develop violinists of all ages and abilities. This new edition includes a foreword by Sally Thomas.

Get it now! In Paperback | For Kindle