Congratulations Rachel Barton Pine!

September 19, 2011 at 05:57 PM ·

Congratulations to Rachel Barton Pine and her husband, Greg, who announced yesterday the birth of their daughter, Sylvia Michelle, who was born on September 16. 'Sylvia means "of the woods' - for the child of a violinist and a Pine," Rachel said in an announcement on Facebook and Twitter.

In the next few weeks on Violinist.com we'll have an interview with Rachel about her new edition of the Wohlfahrt etudes, and we'll also be giving out her latest album of solo violin works, Capricho Latino.

Replies (7)

September 19, 2011 at 08:24 PM ·

That's terrific news. I'm very happy for her. She's always been one of my favorite violinists.

September 19, 2011 at 10:11 PM ·

Awesome news!!

September 20, 2011 at 01:08 AM ·

Congratulations!

September 20, 2011 at 03:35 AM ·

Congratulations to the new parents! And a warm welcome into the world to Silvia! I can't fathom the amount of beautiful music that she will be able to hear her mother play in her early years. :)

September 20, 2011 at 06:48 PM ·

Happy news indeed! I wonder if baby Sylvia Michelle will also love Heavy Metal as much as her mom does!

-M

PS: Of course names that remind us of wood are the best!  ;c)

September 21, 2011 at 05:27 AM ·

Congratulations Rachel !!! You rock... wish you much success and luck in motherhood.. you'll be a great mother, no doubt..

September 21, 2011 at 08:47 AM ·

Congratulations Rachel and Greg! All of life's blessings to your daughter, and may you enjoy your new adventure! 

Our Kokopelli
Please support Violinist.com
through your
one-time donation or
sponsorship campaign.

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

The Potter Violin Company

Coregami Performal

Metzler Violin Shop

Connolly Music