Welcome to Violinist.com! Log in, or join the community!
Violinist.com
Facebook Twitter Google+ Email Newsletter

Simon Fischer's Warming Up

Technique and Practicing: Simon Fischer has a new book out! Anyone looked at it yet?

From Erika Burns
Posted June 1, 2011 at 08:13 PM

Has anyone had a chance to preview this yet? I'm curious if it is a compilation of the recent Strad articles on warming up, taken from Basics or Practice, or new material.

From Bill Walderman
Posted on June 1, 2011 at 08:26 PM

It's a book on scales:

www.edition-peters.com/product/scales-and-scale-studies/ep71908

Apparently not yet available in the US, at least.

From Elinor Estepa
Posted on June 1, 2011 at 08:58 PM

I have one. I just got it a few weeks ago.

Its a warm up book as the title say so, working on left/right hand, with specific time on each. Sound points, vibrato, you know the usual technique but zero in on specifics.

Good book by the way. Simon Fischer, what could be wrong?

From Tomo Yamada
Posted on June 1, 2011 at 09:01 PM

I've been looking to order Simon Fischer's new Scales book.  Where / how did you order yours?

From Andrei Pricope
Posted on June 1, 2011 at 10:33 PM

http://www.simonfischeruk.com/userimages/procart2.htm

Valuable books/DVD !

From Stephen Brivati
Posted on June 3, 2011 at 04:06 AM
From Bill Walderman
Posted on June 3, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Is the scale book available anywhere?  It has been advertised as forthcoming for several years, but I haven't found any evidence that it's in circulation.

From VJ PITILU
Posted on June 4, 2011 at 03:01 AM

@Buri et al

Pardon my confusion but, are we referring to scales in the "Warming Up" book or the yet-to-be-published "Scales" book by Simon Fischer?

Galamian's Principles of the Violin

Galamian's Principles Long one of the standards for violin teachers and students, Ivan Galamian's Principles of Violin Playing and Teaching offers both principles and practice exercises to help develop violinists of all ages and abilities. This new edition includes a foreword by Sally Thomas.

Get it now! In Paperback | For Kindle

Aaron Rosand

Interview: Aaron Rosand

To speak to violinist Aaron Rosand is to gain a sense of what it was like to come of age as a violinist in the mid 20th century.
Part One | Part Two