Welcome to Violinist.com! Log in, or join the community!
Violinist.com
Facebook Twitter Google+ Email Newsletter

Reinhold Glière Violin Concerto

Repertoire: I can't find that score and any help is welcome! :)

From Daniel Migueis
Posted February 26, 2011 at 01:58 AM

Hello!!

I'm looking for one rare score and I can't find it anywhere... My teacher show me one recording of Violin Concerto op.100 by Reinhold Glière and it is very interesting and beautiful! But I tried already looking in some famous editors like Peters and it isn't available... If anyone knows the concerto and know where I can find the score I apreciate the help!

Thanks !!

From Jim Fellows
Posted on February 27, 2011 at 08:55 PM

I see from the EMS database that it was only published by VATT--the old Soviet Printing house. Since they carry quite a few Soviet publishers, try G Schirmer--they may be able to direct you somewhere. Or it might just be a rabbit trail... Edit--Oh, I see you are in Europe. For a starter, try some companies that represent some Russian publishers like Sikorski, etc.

From Daniel Migueis
Posted on February 27, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Nice!! Thank you very much!! It was very helpful! I will try some those editors!

Thanks

From Clinton F. Nieweg
Posted on February 28, 2011 at 12:53 AM

Gliere, Reinhold Moritzovich [Moritsevich] ( 1875 - 1956 ) 
Concerto (Concert allegro). <Op. 100.> For violin and orchestra.
Completed and orchestrated by B. Liatoshinsky. Edited by K. Mostras.
Score.
Instrumentation:  2.2.2.2. 4.2.0.0. timp, perc, harp, strings, vln solo
Language: Russian 
Publisher: Moskva : Gosudarstvennoe muzykal'noe izdatel'stvo, 1963.
U.S. agent: available in the USA, Canada and Mexico only, from Schirmer Russian Music.

Contact the Russian Music agent in your country.

[The work is not listed by Sikorski.]

From Delmar Williams
Posted on February 28, 2011 at 03:44 AM

It looks like the University of Calgary has it, and you might be able to get it through ILL.

http://www.worldcat.org/title/kontsert-kontsertnoe-allegro-dlia-skripki-s-orkestrom-concerto-allegro-for-violin-and-orchestra-completed-and-orchestrated-by-b-liatoshinsky/oclc/150596776&referer=brief_results

Document Type: Book
All Authors / Contributors: Reinhold Morit?s?evich GlièreBorys Mykolaiovych Li?a?toshyns'kyi
OCLC Number: 150596776
Description: socre (81 p.) 29 cm.
Other Titles: Concerto, violin, op. 100
Responsibility: edited by K. Mostras.
From Delmar Williams
Posted on February 28, 2011 at 03:48 AM

Porque está em Portugal, eu não sei se isso é uma opção para você.

Abracos,

Delmar

From Nicole Stacy
Posted on February 28, 2011 at 05:47 AM

I have never heard this concerto, but the concept of a Gliere concerto has me excited...

From Raphael Klayman
Posted on February 28, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Me too! He was an interesting guy. Years ago I heard a couple of times on the radio his concerto for soprano and orchestra! She just sang mainly open vowels, but I remember finding it very haunting - especially the slower first mvt.

Just found both concertos on YouTube.

From Daniel Migueis
Posted on March 3, 2011 at 07:44 PM

Thank you all! I'm surprised for having so many answers! :)  This Concerto is available on Youtube with solo by Boris Goldstein:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtbwWdQ3GME

Vou verificar se é possível obter a partitura através da Universidade e Calgary. Obrigado

The Violinist.com Interviews, Vol. 1

The Violinist.com Interviews, Vol. 1

Hear more from the world's top violinists in The Violinist.com Interviews: Volume 1, which includes our exclusive conversations with Joshua Bell, Sarah Chang, and David Garrett, and others, as well as a foreword by Hilary Hahn.

Get it now! For Kindle | For iBooks | In Paperback