Welcome to Violinist.com! Log in, or join the community!
Violinist.com
Facebook Twitter Google+ Email Newsletter

Reinhold Glière Violin Concerto

Repertoire: I can't find that score and any help is welcome! :)

From Daniel Migueis
Posted February 26, 2011 at 01:58 AM

Hello!!

I'm looking for one rare score and I can't find it anywhere... My teacher show me one recording of Violin Concerto op.100 by Reinhold Glière and it is very interesting and beautiful! But I tried already looking in some famous editors like Peters and it isn't available... If anyone knows the concerto and know where I can find the score I apreciate the help!

Thanks !!

From Jim Fellows
Posted on February 27, 2011 at 08:55 PM

I see from the EMS database that it was only published by VATT--the old Soviet Printing house. Since they carry quite a few Soviet publishers, try G Schirmer--they may be able to direct you somewhere. Or it might just be a rabbit trail... Edit--Oh, I see you are in Europe. For a starter, try some companies that represent some Russian publishers like Sikorski, etc.

From Daniel Migueis
Posted on February 27, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Nice!! Thank you very much!! It was very helpful! I will try some those editors!

Thanks

From Clinton F. Nieweg
Posted on February 28, 2011 at 12:53 AM

Gliere, Reinhold Moritzovich [Moritsevich] ( 1875 - 1956 ) 
Concerto (Concert allegro). <Op. 100.> For violin and orchestra.
Completed and orchestrated by B. Liatoshinsky. Edited by K. Mostras.
Score.
Instrumentation:  2.2.2.2. 4.2.0.0. timp, perc, harp, strings, vln solo
Language: Russian 
Publisher: Moskva : Gosudarstvennoe muzykal'noe izdatel'stvo, 1963.
U.S. agent: available in the USA, Canada and Mexico only, from Schirmer Russian Music.

Contact the Russian Music agent in your country.

[The work is not listed by Sikorski.]

From Delmar Williams
Posted on February 28, 2011 at 03:44 AM

It looks like the University of Calgary has it, and you might be able to get it through ILL.

http://www.worldcat.org/title/kontsert-kontsertnoe-allegro-dlia-skripki-s-orkestrom-concerto-allegro-for-violin-and-orchestra-completed-and-orchestrated-by-b-liatoshinsky/oclc/150596776&referer=brief_results

Document Type: Book
All Authors / Contributors: Reinhold Morit?s?evich GlièreBorys Mykolaiovych Li?a?toshyns'kyi
OCLC Number: 150596776
Description: socre (81 p.) 29 cm.
Other Titles: Concerto, violin, op. 100
Responsibility: edited by K. Mostras.
From Delmar Williams
Posted on February 28, 2011 at 03:48 AM

Porque está em Portugal, eu não sei se isso é uma opção para você.

Abracos,

Delmar

From Nicole Stacy
Posted on February 28, 2011 at 05:47 AM

I have never heard this concerto, but the concept of a Gliere concerto has me excited...

From Raphael Klayman
Posted on February 28, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Me too! He was an interesting guy. Years ago I heard a couple of times on the radio his concerto for soprano and orchestra! She just sang mainly open vowels, but I remember finding it very haunting - especially the slower first mvt.

Just found both concertos on YouTube.

From Daniel Migueis
Posted on March 3, 2011 at 07:44 PM

Thank you all! I'm surprised for having so many answers! :)  This Concerto is available on Youtube with solo by Boris Goldstein:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtbwWdQ3GME

Vou verificar se é possível obter a partitura através da Universidade e Calgary. Obrigado

"Where did the Suzuki CD go?"

Suzuki Violin School Good news! All the Suzuki Violin School CDs are available now as digital downloads on Amazon.com. But why take the time to search for them all? We've collected links to each album for Suzuki Violin Books 1 - 8.

Get them now! Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Vol. 4 | Vol. 5 | Vol. 6 | Vol. 7 | Vol. 8