Welcome to Violinist.com! Log in, or join the community!
Violinist.com
Facebook Twitter Google+ Email Newsletter

really free Christmas music for quartet?

Repertoire: I don't mean to be unpardonably cheap, but I was hoping to find a few additional holiday tunes for an annual play-along.

From Sue Bechler
Posted December 7, 2010 at 11:20 PM

My students have played through the books we purchased a couple years ago, and though repeating is fine, I'd like a few extras. The several sites that pop up either aren't really free, aren't organized in quartet form, as advertised, or are in funky keys for string groups. That sort of problem. Anybody know a site with truly usable free ready-to-print carol arrangements? The perfect thing would be melody plus a harmony line for violin, viola & cello :) Sue (PS I already own sets of Christmas Kaleidoscope 1 & 2, which fit the bill.)

From Sue Porter
Posted on December 8, 2010 at 01:09 AM

Try violinonline.com, the "Christmas music" tab on the home page.   All the Christmas arrangements (there's a lot of them) are simple, but free.

The Violinist.com Interviews, Vol. 1

The Violinist.com Interviews, Vol. 1

Hear more from the world's top violinists in The Violinist.com Interviews: Volume 1, which includes our exclusive conversations with Joshua Bell, Sarah Chang, and David Garrett, and others, as well as a foreword by Hilary Hahn.

Get it now! For Kindle | For iBooks | In Paperback

The 2014 Violinist.com Holiday Gift Guide

The 2014 Violinist.com Holiday Gift Guide

We've compiled a list of some of the year's best new offerings from violinists for you to consider.