Welcome to Violinist.com! Log in, or join the community!
Violinist.com
Facebook Twitter Google+ Email Newsletter

Corilon Violins On-line Shop - Any Pros/Cons?

Instruments: Has anyone bought an instrument from the Corilon on-line violin shop located in Germany? Were you happy with the outcome?

From Leslie Harwell
Posted April 9, 2010 at 06:02 AM

I've been viewing violins at the Corilon on-line violin shop located in Germany. The site has a large inventory of instruments over a wide price range. The instruments are well documented and even have an audio clip. Nonetheless, I have some trepidation about buying an instrument from an on-line shop. Has anyone bought an instrument from this site? Were you happy with the outcome?

From Jonathan Frohnen
Posted on April 9, 2010 at 05:06 PM

I've bought 2 violins and 1 bow from them in the past and have been very happy.  They have a generous return period as well.  J

From Leslie Harwell
Posted on April 10, 2010 at 03:11 AM

Thanks for your comment Johathan. Were your purchases on-line or at the shop?

From Jonathan Frohnen
Posted on April 10, 2010 at 05:35 AM

Hi Leslie, I purchased online.

From Leslie Harwell
Posted on April 10, 2010 at 04:12 PM

Thanks Jonathan, I'm going forward with my purchase.....

From Leslie Harwell
Posted on May 2, 2010 at 04:06 AM

I purchased a very nice violin from Corilon Violins, made by Erich Sandner in 1973 in Mittenwald. The violin arrived in excellent condition and I have enjoyed playing it. I feel that I received full value for my purchase.

Leslie Harwell

From Jonathan Frohnen
Posted on May 2, 2010 at 04:58 AM

Fantastic!  Happy Playing :-)

From Jim Younger
Posted on May 13, 2010 at 06:11 PM

I have bought five violins from Corilon in the past six months, at different price levels (a couple of them for friends starting out) and I have been very pleased with the instruments and the service. Some real bargains out there!

Easier if you are in Europe, I suppose, to use the 'buy-try-return if not like' offer (30 days to make up your mind) because of postage (although if you live in Germany, return postage is free, I believe.)

I would have no qualms about Corilon at all - they are sound and reliable as a company. 

"Delve into the delicate nuances of creativity"

Hilary Hahn Violinist Hilary Hahn offers the foreword to The Violinist.com Interviews: Volume 1, an engaging collection of interviews with some of the world's top violinists, including Sarah Chang, Maxim Vengerov, David Garrett, and of course, Hilary herself.

Get it now! For Kindle | For iBooks | In Paperback

Aaron Rosand

Interview: Aaron Rosand

To speak to violinist Aaron Rosand is to gain a sense of what it was like to come of age as a violinist in the mid 20th century.
Part One | Part Two