Welcome to Violinist.com! Log in, or join the community!
Violinist.com
Facebook Twitter Google+ Email Newsletter

Corilon Violins On-line Shop - Any Pros/Cons?

Instruments: Has anyone bought an instrument from the Corilon on-line violin shop located in Germany? Were you happy with the outcome?

From Leslie Harwell
Posted April 9, 2010 at 06:02 AM

I've been viewing violins at the Corilon on-line violin shop located in Germany. The site has a large inventory of instruments over a wide price range. The instruments are well documented and even have an audio clip. Nonetheless, I have some trepidation about buying an instrument from an on-line shop. Has anyone bought an instrument from this site? Were you happy with the outcome?

From Jonathan Frohnen
Posted on April 9, 2010 at 05:06 PM

I've bought 2 violins and 1 bow from them in the past and have been very happy.  They have a generous return period as well.  J

From Leslie Harwell
Posted on April 10, 2010 at 03:11 AM

Thanks for your comment Johathan. Were your purchases on-line or at the shop?

From Jonathan Frohnen
Posted on April 10, 2010 at 05:35 AM

Hi Leslie, I purchased online.

From Leslie Harwell
Posted on April 10, 2010 at 04:12 PM

Thanks Jonathan, I'm going forward with my purchase.....

From Leslie Harwell
Posted on May 2, 2010 at 04:06 AM

I purchased a very nice violin from Corilon Violins, made by Erich Sandner in 1973 in Mittenwald. The violin arrived in excellent condition and I have enjoyed playing it. I feel that I received full value for my purchase.

Leslie Harwell

From Jonathan Frohnen
Posted on May 2, 2010 at 04:58 AM

Fantastic!  Happy Playing :-)

From Jim Younger
Posted on May 13, 2010 at 06:11 PM

I have bought five violins from Corilon in the past six months, at different price levels (a couple of them for friends starting out) and I have been very pleased with the instruments and the service. Some real bargains out there!

Easier if you are in Europe, I suppose, to use the 'buy-try-return if not like' offer (30 days to make up your mind) because of postage (although if you live in Germany, return postage is free, I believe.)

I would have no qualms about Corilon at all - they are sound and reliable as a company. 

The Violinist.com Interviews, Vol. 1

The Violinist.com Interviews, Vol. 1

Hear more from the world's top violinists in The Violinist.com Interviews: Volume 1, which includes our exclusive conversations with Joshua Bell, Sarah Chang, and David Garrett, and others, as well as a foreword by Hilary Hahn.

Get it now! For Kindle | For iBooks | In Paperback