Welcome to Violinist.com! Log in, or join the community!
Violinist.com
Facebook Twitter Google+ Email Newsletter

Is anyone familiar with the Eric Lewis violin method?

Technique and Practicing: Is anyone familiar with the online violin lessons by Eric Lewis? I haven't found any independent reviews.

From Dee Sanford
Posted February 15, 2010 at 02:46 AM

Is anyone familiar with the online violin lessons by Eric Lewis of the Manhattan String Quartet? The site and program is Violin Master Pro. Anything you could tell me about the method would be appreciated. All the reviews I have found appear to be connected to the website. I'm sure it's no substitute for private lessons, but private lessons are not really an option for me right now. My skill level is basically intermediate in fiddle styles and I'd like to learn more Classical. Thanks.

From Dee Sanford
Posted on February 18, 2010 at 04:34 AM

Hmmm, no takers, eh?

From SAM MIHAILOFF
Posted on February 18, 2010 at 12:47 PM

a review↓

http://violinlessonsonline.net/violin-master-pro-review/?pag=311

quote from ad↓

Its all downloadable through our members section. It's easy, quick and applicable for every player. I am so confident that you will love my program that the ViolinMasterPro.com Power Video System comes with a 56-day, iron-clad guarantee.  No questions asked!

From Henry Butcher.
Posted on February 18, 2010 at 01:24 PM

I really want to get familar with Clayton Haslop's vids. I have his DVD on breathing, really helpfull, improved my playing so much. He talks about a lot of stuff in his emails also, very interesting. But before internet  there where books, and I'm glad I read them. Online lessons, real time, is what I'm interested in.  

From Roland Roberts
Posted on February 18, 2010 at 08:10 PM

Well 30 dollars does seem a very reasonable amount in order to become a violin master.

The guy who posted the promo on YouTube also has promos for everything from

Your Parrot will talk in 30 days or less...Guaranteed!!

to

5 secrets weight loss companies don't want you to know

to

Easy Money Betting system

One born a minute......:)

From Katie Marsan
Posted on March 21, 2010 at 01:10 AM

Hello. I don't know really know anything about his videos (although I have seen the website), but Eric Lewis is my violin teacher and I think he's great. He definitely knows what he's talking about. He's not only an amazing violinist, but he also really knows how to teach. He's had lots of experience trying out different methods on his students. Most of the time the things he says really click and make sense immediately. He gets you to think about things so that you really know why he has you playing the way he does. If having a real teacher is out of the question, then I would definitely recommend his videos. Best of luck!

From Dee Sanford
Posted on March 22, 2010 at 04:24 AM

Thank you Katie, I appreciate your input.

From
Posted on April 11, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Hi guys
While I have no doubt that Eric Lewis is a good violin teacher (and its great to hear that from one of his students here!) , the independent website reviewing his product seems to be a website set up to review just his product and also attract search engines with a lot of wordiness.
Just a heads up :)
Amy
FreeViolin.com
From Peter Charles
Posted on April 12, 2012 at 08:40 AM
Amy - strange that we cant see your profile on here and even on your website you are fairly difficult to pin down.

I appreciate you are offering free advice but we need to see and know more. You were quick to point out facts about the original poster's mention of Mr Eric Lewis.

How about some videos of you playing violin and/or viola?

From Henry Butcher.
Posted on April 12, 2012 at 09:08 AM
yeah, play some choones like on Peter's vid!
From Peter Charles
Posted on April 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM
Henry, my vids are no longer available on this esteemed site.

Having looked amd listened to Mr Lewis I can see that he has been a bit over hyped with the promotions for his video work. (World renowned soloist and all that). However, that does not take away from the fact that he is probably a pretty good teacher, as his pupil has pointed out.

But whoever puts any advice up on here in the form of words and/or video is bound to be compared to the best around, and many like me and others will fall short. Even professionals with 40 years experience will come a cropper - especially from some of the serious but more entry level players.

Just thought I'd mention this as putting oneself up as a player or teacher (or both) is a bit of a minefield.

The Violinist.com Interviews, Vol. 1

The Violinist.com Interviews, Vol. 1

Hear more from the world's top violinists in The Violinist.com Interviews: Volume 1, which includes our exclusive conversations with Joshua Bell, Sarah Chang, and David Garrett, and others, as well as a foreword by Hilary Hahn.

Get it now! For Kindle | For iBooks | In Paperback