Welcome to Violinist.com! Log in, or join the community!
Violinist.com
Facebook Twitter Google+ Email Newsletter

Saint Louis violin maker

Instruments: Does anyone have any familiarity with a Saint Louis maker named Robert Clemens?

From Steve Trei
Posted March 3, 2007 at 12:11 AM

Does anyone have any familiarity with a Saint Louis maker named Robert Clemens?

From Ray Randall
Posted on March 4, 2007 at 07:39 PM
There was a rather huge article about him in today's (Sunday) St Louis Post Dispatch. Go to their website and it might still be there.

From Brennan Thale
Posted on June 15, 2008 at 05:22 PM
I own one of his instruments and it is amazing.
From Scott Cole
Posted on June 15, 2008 at 10:24 PM
From Ingrid Popp
Posted on June 16, 2008 at 01:03 AM
Scott you are correct, John McGrosso does have a Clemens violin, as do many student/professional players in St.Louis. I've heard and played several and they are all nice instruments. Although I ended up buying a viola from a different maker, a Clemens viola was a serious contender in my search. I belive the prices are around $14-17,000, but they might possibly have gone up a bit.
From Loribeth Gregory
Posted on June 18, 2008 at 03:00 PM
I've never dealt with Clemens directly, but they have an amazing reputation here in STL.
From Jeffrey Holmes
Posted on June 18, 2008 at 07:36 PM
Yes. I went to school with both he and his wife. Fine people. Very nice instruments.

Jeffrey

From Jodi B
Posted on June 19, 2008 at 05:28 PM
I don't know much about the maker, but I would advise not going downtown St. Louis.. it is flooded now :(

We are holding our own here in Quincy Il.

Good luck on your search

Galamian's Principles of the Violin

Galamian's Principles Long one of the standards for violin teachers and students, Ivan Galamian's Principles of Violin Playing and Teaching offers both principles and practice exercises to help develop violinists of all ages and abilities. This new edition includes a foreword by Sally Thomas.

Get it now! In Paperback | For Kindle