Saint Louis violin maker

March 3, 2007 at 12:11 AM · Does anyone have any familiarity with a Saint Louis maker named Robert Clemens?

Replies (7)

March 4, 2007 at 07:39 PM · There was a rather huge article about him in today's (Sunday) St Louis Post Dispatch. Go to their website and it might still be there.

June 15, 2008 at 05:22 PM · I own one of his instruments and it is amazing.

June 15, 2008 at 10:24 PM ·

June 16, 2008 at 01:03 AM · Scott you are correct, John McGrosso does have a Clemens violin, as do many student/professional players in St.Louis. I've heard and played several and they are all nice instruments. Although I ended up buying a viola from a different maker, a Clemens viola was a serious contender in my search. I belive the prices are around $14-17,000, but they might possibly have gone up a bit.

June 18, 2008 at 03:00 PM · I've never dealt with Clemens directly, but they have an amazing reputation here in STL.

June 18, 2008 at 07:36 PM · Yes. I went to school with both he and his wife. Fine people. Very nice instruments.

Jeffrey

June 19, 2008 at 05:28 PM · I don't know much about the maker, but I would advise not going downtown St. Louis.. it is flooded now :(

We are holding our own here in Quincy Il.

Good luck on your search

Our Kokopelli
Please support Violinist.com
through your
one-time donation or
sponsorship campaign.

Violinist.com is made possible by...

Shar Music

Yamaha V3 Series Violin

The Potter Violin Company

Coregami Performal

Metzler Violin Shop