Hello, I just wanted to start a discussion about problems that violin players face on every-day life.
As a starter, here are some from me:
1. Touchscreens, the callus on my fingertips prevent me from using touch screen with any degree of accuracy
2. I have to ask strangers if they have any fingernails regularly, in order to open packages and removing tape.
3. I can grab food out of the oven with my left hand, using fingertips, then I burn my tongue with food.
4. Colleagues poke fun at me for having my violin case strapped to my back for the majority of the time.
5. I cringe at anything and everything that is not in tune, especially the birds.
6. Movies involving violin playing are ruined(then again, military and science background already ruined just about all movies).
7. I get funny looks for practicing bowing with pencils sometimes.
8. 1/4 of my entire bachelor's apartment is dedicated as violin playing space.
This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.