Semi-Finalists Named in Zhuhai International Mozart Competition for Young Musicians
Zhuhai International Mozart Competition for Young Musicians!
Congratulations to the 32 violinists and 34 pianists who advanced to the semi-finals last week in the
Violinist Ziyu He, a First Prize winner in the 2015 Zhuhai International Mozart Competition, performed in the opening concert on Sept. 5.
The competition, held in Zhuhai, China, began Tuesday with 114 young musicians from 20 countries. They are competing in three different age categories: 12 and under (Group A); ages 13 through 16 (Group B); and ages 17 through 23 (Group C). A separate group of prizes (first, second and third) will be awarded for each separate age category (Here is a list of the prizes. )
Violinists chosen for the semi-finals are:
Group A (12 and under):
- Jiachen Cao, 11, of China
- Chloe Chua, 10, of Singapore
- Junxi Li, 11, of China
- Yaokun Li, 11, of China
- Adam Michael Liley, 12, of Poland/United Kingdom
- Clara Shen, 12, of Germany
- Jingyi Wang, 11, of China
- Shihan Wang, 12, of China
- Xiaozhuo Wang, 10, of China
- Jinan Woo, 10, of South Korea
- Muyang Wu, 11, of China
- Jingyun Zhang, 12, of China
Group B (Ages 13 through 16)
- María Dueñas Fernández, 14, of Spain
- Xunyue Zhang, 13, of China
- Antoni Ingielewicz, 16, of Poland
- Sophia Su, 16, of USA/Macau
- Miyu Kitsuwa, 16, of Japan
- Erik Zhen Mayr, 16, of Austria
- Hongfei Lyu, 16, of China
- Marley Erickson, 14, of United States
- Xinyi Zhang, 16, of Belgium
- Changling Fan, 15, of China
- Chaowen Luo, 16, of China
Group C (Ages 17 through 23)
- Mizuki Chiba, 21, of Japan
- Yiying Jiang, 19, of China
- Oleksandr Korniev, 23, of Ukraine
- Zixiang Lin, 18, of China
- Yiming Liu, 17, of China
- Tianlong Mai, 22, of China
- Carla-Inés Marrero Martínez, 22, of Spain
- Gabriel Ng, 22, of Singapore
- Wendi Wang, 19, of China
The second round will take place today through Monday, with Finals Tuesday through Sept. 23. Finals will be live-streamed; to find the live-streaming schedule and links, click here.
Jury members for the violin section include Paul Roczek, Friedemann Eichhorn, Shmuel Ashkenasi, Harald Eggebrecht, Ani Schnarch, Akiko Tatsumi, Weidong Tong and Lina Yu.
The competition is co-hosted by Zhuhai International Culture Association and the University Mozarteum Salzburg, Austria.
Click here to listen to the opening concert.
This article has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.