...and I completely forgot to write about the uplifting sessions with my quartet friends from ACMP
where we played
- Beethoven op. 59/3
- Schubert D 94
- Schubert C major
- Schubert a minor
Though it's lots of work and not all play, I wouldn't miss this experience for the world.
2005 is rapidly coming to an end. What a year! So much has happened and time seems to fly by ever faster.
My "day job" (if only it wouldn't consume so many late evenings and very early mornings) has kept me more busy than ever and took a heavy toll on leisure time activities.
On the positive side, I get to travel to other countries and met lots of interesting people.
As far as music is concerned, I've reached several milestones this year, like
- reading alto clef comfortably and reliably
- worked on important literature (Spring sonata by Beethoven, Bach E major concerto, Vivaldi's Primavera, Brahms violin sonata op. 108
- joined a trio and played some gigs with Franconian folk music - composed by our leader, who also writes poetry and has published several books
- several succesful concerts with my two chamber orchestras
- played a gig with a friend at an Irish pub - actually a restaurant
- vibrato's coming along
Next year, in order to have more time for my wife and not such a hectic schedule, I'll quit one of the chamber orchestras.
More entries: January 2006 November 2005