December 7, 2012 at 7:20 PMTo young violinists of all nationalities who are 29 years old or younger on January 1, 2013.
Did you know that the Montreal International Musical Competition offers free transportation and accommodation for the candidates selected? You can read all the rules and conditions of participation on the Website. Then fill in the online form, but first, here are a few tips to help you to do so successfully:
1. Print the rules and application document, as well as the required repertoire and read them carefully;
2. Choose your repertoire;
3. Create a file on your computer where you can put :
* Two (2) different photographs (approximately 15 cm X 20 cm) for use in the official programme (if you only have print photos, you can send them by post)
* A biography (between 250 and 300 words) in English or French;
* A list of upcoming professional performances for the 2013-2014 season.
(As a word document. Don’t worry if you don’t have professional performances you won’t be penalized);
4. You will also need to prepare (and send by post)
* Two (2) letters of reference in English or in French (original copies, no emails);
* One (1) photocopy of your passport;
* A recording of the programme selected for the preliminary step (only CDs will be accepted). Note: The recording must have been made within the 18 months preceding the deadline.
Now, you’re ready to fill in the online form! Don’t wait too long to send in your application, as the deadline is approaching (January 18, 2013).
Tip: Don’t forget to keep the access number that will appear on your own form, so you can come back later if needed.
Besides having the opportunity to participate in the competition, you will get a chance to see Maxim Vengerov conduct the Orchestre symphonique de Montréal for the Finals on May 14 and 15 and at the Gala concert on May 17!
Feel free to contact me if you have questions, I’ll be pleased to help you!
Montreal International Musical Competition
This entry has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.