March 20, 2006 at 9:42 AMIt’s a go. I got the official word today, after a week of skepticism and doubt. In April, I will be performing Clara Schumann’s trio in G minor for violin, cello, and piano. We weren’t sure if the funding would present itself, but it came through after all. We’re flying our cellist, Andrew Cook, in from California to perform three concerts in Soldotna, Homer, and Anchorage. I can’t wait to meet him.
But before that, I must fly to Seattle to go violin shopping. Yeah, I’m pretty excited. Actually, I’m trying not think about that much right now. I still have four days to go.
And here I thought that being an hour away from a violin shop was a hike. :)
I treasure that!
Yes, Jim, that's him. The C major suite is on the program.
Patty, Carley, and Linda, I've been saving for a violin for a year and a half, so it's definitely a momentous occasion. George and I are driving to Eugene to stay with his brother, and I hope to hit a lot of shops in the Oregon/Washington area. I have no clue what I'm doing, but I bet I'll learn a lot. Plus, my roommate from college is meeting me in Seattle to hit the town. Once again, I have no clue what we're doing, but I'm certain it involves coffee and good music. If anyone has any suggestions for entertainment, I'm open.
...Of course, I was the one who gave it to me, but it's the first one I've given myself.
This entry has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.
Violinist.com is made possible by...